Barista Training Courses.
YOUR PATHWAY TO BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL BARISTA STARTS HERE.
This course will focus on fundamentals and proper espresso preparation techniques. Suitable for beginners as well ensuring more experienced baristas get the opportunity to improve their skills. Our course is the most searched Barista Course near me on Google.com.au. Also covering techniques in brewing variables, milk steaming, texturing and pouring, this easy to learn workshop will not only be educational but will give the student plenty of opportunity to taste and understand what makes a good espresso. The final aspect of the Barista Starter training is the cleaning and maintaining of the espresso equipment. The Coffee Barista training Starter class takes 2.5 – 3 hours and covers:
- Introduction to the different types of coffees and beverages.
- How to use traditional mechanical dosing grinder.
- Dose adjustment.
- Grind setting.
- Correct way of tamping to avoid wrist injury.
- How to identify and control coffee extraction.
- Milk techniques and way of positioning steam wand to get the perfect silky milk.
- Pouring techniques and basic latte art.
- Hygiene, health and safety.
- How to consistently steam milk at the right temperature, obtaining the right consistency and texture.
- How to split milk and free pour latte art.
- How to keep that golden coffee base while pouring.
- Ability to pour different patterns from simple to complicated ones (hearts, rosetta, tulip, swan, etc.)
- How to control flow rate & the evenness of extraction.
- How to assess extraction to determine if the espresso is well balanced.
- How to change coffee characteristics of the espresso.
- Ability to create Espresso Brewing Formulas.
- Measuring extraction (the concentration of dissolved solids) with the TDS Meter.
- The essential aspects of brewing (brew ratio, the quality of water, grinding, time, temperature, turbulence)
- Different brew methods: Immersion (French Press), Percolation (pour over V60, Chemex), Gravity (Cold drip), Pressure (Aeropress), etc.