Adore Coffee Roasters commits to minimising the environmental impact of our operations and projects wherever possible.
We partner with coffee suppliers that are dedicated to sustainability and environmental awareness. Our coffee supply partners commit to environmental policies that include:
- Efficient use of natural resources as an important cornerstone of our environmental policy management
- The responsible use of water and energy resources and maintenance of air quality
- Proper recycling or disposal of waste
- Promotion of the effective use of resources through ongoing monitoring and training
- Supporting producers to manage their farms environmentally and productively
- Working with producers to improve practices to limit problems related to pesticides and deforestation.
Compliance is focused, but not limited to the following areas:
Pollution Prevention, Resource Conservation and Energy Efficiency
Coffee supply partners (“Partners”) will avoid the release of pollutants or, when avoidance is not feasible, minimize or control the intensity or load of their release to within acceptable standards.
Partners will avoid or minimize the generation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials as far as practicable. Where waste generation cannot be avoided but has been minimized, Partners will recover and reuse waste where possible. Partners will treat, destroy, and dispose wastes in an environmentally sound manner.
Environmentally Hazardous Materials
Partners will avoid using or handling these materials whenever possible. Where chemicals are on global lists for prohibition or phase out Partners will comply with such programs.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
The purpose of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is to control the ingress of pests into storage areas and limit the use of harmful fumigants and pesticides in the environment by using a range of integrated pest control strategies.
Partners will strive to use the minimal amount of fumigants or pesticides in all of our operations, complying fully with local regulations. Partners will not use methyl bromide in storage: for shipments usage will be minimized. Monitoring and Evaluation: In all warehouse and processing locations where our Partners operate, an annual review is circulated and must be completed each year. Information on pesticides and fumigants is an added section, including identification of local regulatory considerations.
In addition, our Partners are commited to improving the quality of our farmers’ yields, quality of product and, in turn, their income. Where possible this will include:
- Engaging with farmers directly and through farmer organisations
- Training to improve agricultural practices, resulting in better farm management, yields, and quality
- Certification to enable trade in higher value markets
- Access to better inputs and credit
- Access to better genetics and technologies