Nestled in the serene region of San Jeronimo De Naranjo, this exquisite coffee captures rich coffee tradition of Costa Rica and the dedication and attention to detail of the Hacienda Pilas estate. Hacienda Pilas is located in the Costa Rica’s West Valley in the Naranjo area known for known for its rich volcanic soil and high-quality coffee, helped its climate and distinct dry and wet seasons.
The unique tasting notes of rhubarb offer a tart yet sweet complexity, harmoniously blending with the rich, caramel-like sweetness of panela and elevated by a subtle hint of lemon myrtle cookie, adding a zesty, aromatic twist that makes each sip a memorable experience. This coffee, with its intricate balance of flavors, embodies the beauty and diversity of Costa Rican coffee.
Rhubarb - Panela - Lemon Myrtle Cookie
Region: San Jeronimo De Naranjo
Altitude: 1200-1500 MASL
- Grind 22 grams of coffee using a fine grind size.
- Place the ground coffee into a portafilter and tamp.
- Tare your scale to zero with your empty cup.
- Insert the portafilter in the espresso machine and start brewing, using the scale to measure your output.
- For an ideal brew you would have obtained about 40 grams of coffee in 26-28 seconds of extraction.
Adjust your grind size to change your extraction time:
- If your extraction time is too short, try a new brew after adjusting the grinder to a finer setting.
- If your extraction time is too long, try using a coarser grind size.